Once I found it, I DID remember that the kids used to really enjoy this activity. So, I gathered materials (graph paper, tracers, colored pencils, thin black markers, construction paper) and left them for the sub, with these directions:
1. Students take one piece of graph paper (I use the tiny squares, but younger students could use larger ones).
2. Place the tracer under the graph paper and trace the outline and details of the shape.
3. Color the squares with different shades, alternating light and dark (I like to use colored pencils rather than markers).
4. When finished, outline in black, and go over detail lines in a darker color.
5. Cut out and glue onto construction paper.
|Click to download both tracers!|
What a cute art project! :)ReplyDelete