Thanks to Bagby at Math Madness for the nomination for the Liebster award! Blogging is fairly new for me, and I don't get to spend as much time as I like, so I truly appreciate the nomination:)
I didn't know what this award was about, so I was glad to find this on Bagby's blog:
"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs." Ashley and Jason
To accept the nomination I must:1. Link back to the blog that nominated me - I truly appreciate it, Bagby!
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers - at the end of this post (be sure to check them out!)
3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator - my answers are below
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them - will do once this is published!
Bagby's questions for me:
1. What is your greatest accomplishment? raising three fabulous children.
2. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Australia!
3. What is your favorite part about teaching? seeing the "aha moments!"
4. What is your favorite all time movie? Beauty and the Beast
5. What would your last meal be if you had to choose? simple, but I love it - pizza:-)
6. One item you could not live without ....books to read
7. What is your favorite breakfast food? ham and cheese omelet
8. If you could teach any grade and/or subject what would they be? what I'm teaching now - 6th grade math
9. Favorite color to paint your nails? bright coral - on toenails
10. Who is your hero? no one in particular
11. Blogging makes me feel.......like I'm getting back in touch with the younger me who loved to write!
Here are 11 random facts about me
1. I played classical piano from the age of 10 through college (only play occasionally now).
3. I have 4 brothers, and no sisters.
4. I was always afraid to speak in front of people, but became a teacher!
5. I'd like to live on a farm.
6. I'm 5'3", and all of my children are now taller than me.
7. I like to crochet, mostly afghans, but haven't done much lately...too busy on the computer...
8. I love puzzles....again, haven't done many lately:)
9. I LOVE the beach.
10. I drink too much Diet Coke.
11. I want to travel the world.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite vacation spot?
2. Do you have a favorite quote that inspires you? If so, what is it?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. What do you love to do during the summer?
5. In what store could you spend hours and hours?
6. What do you want people to remember about you?
7. What "junk food" is your weakness?
8. Who has been the greatest influence in your life?
9. What type of music do you like?
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
11. Blogging makes me feel.......
Shari from Keeping it Fresh in 6th Grade
Ms. OCD from Middle School OCD
Renee from Creating Art with Kids
Pamela from Desktop Learning Adventures